“solutions” instead of “rhetoric”
It appears that Herman Cain is one of the few who are actually speaking about solutions to the many problems this nation is faced with. He made this statement while Governors Perry and Romney were discussing reforming or eliminating social security. Solutions are what is needed now not the rhetoric played out via soundbytes and one minute responses during a debate that is clearly trying to obscure the outcomes of said debates.
Cain’s vision for economic growth:
• The natural state of our economy is prosperity.
Freedom ensures that.
• We must get the government off our backs, out of our
pockets and out of our way in order to return to prosperity
• Policy uncertainty is killing the economy
Cain further outlines his principles guiding the economy:
1. Production drives the economy, not spending
• We can not spend our way to prosperity
• Government spending IS taxation
• Government spending is like taking a bucket of water from
the deep end of the pool, pouring it in the shallow end.
Then they HOPE that the water level will CHANGE.
2. Risk taking drives growth
• Business formation and job creation are dependent on
entrepreneurs taking risks
• Investors who fund those entrepreneurs likewise take risks
3. Measurements must be dependable
• A dollar must always be a dollar just as an hour is always
• Sound money is crucial for prosperity
Cain’s message is always about “We the people” and not the usual mundane accolades of the others as they tout “me, me, I, I.” America can’t wait for 2012, we need growth NOW.